Monday, November 9, 2015

Tender Mercies & Grace 11/9/2015

Well I think I am in week two of being in the field and I have learned that Sundays are my favorite days. I feel such peace on that day and it is a time that I can go to church and forget about all the stresses of a mission for three hours! 

There are a lot of tender mercies on a mission such as the music! I love music and I am in a car area... so happy about that because it gets pretty rainy here! But in the car we listen to uplifting music and it is the best! And some of the music is pretty awesome!! 

The hardest part of a mission is getting yelled at by people, but then the people that want to hear the message make everything better! Another thing is that I am blessed with a weight set in my apartment! To me that is my wake up call that I need to stay in shape haha! I will post a picture of it below. And by the way I don't take that many pictures here because I would get robbed if I carried a camera with me haha! 



The worst thing about Tacoma is it gets dark here at 5:30! And everyone goes to bed!! It is so hard to knock on doors at that time. But they have these little Oreo brownies here that they sell in gas stations! They are the best, I don't know why Utah doesn't have them! 

Well one of the people we are teaching, her name is N., she is so ready to be baptized but is having a hard time seeing that if she just takes that step that things in her life will start to work out. I have seen it with many people. We had this convert who was trying to get a job and after she was baptized things started to fall in place and she got a job! God will help those who put faith in him. So yesterday, Sunday, we tried so hard to get N. to church but she couldn't go because she was sick and just got back from a funeral. It seems that every time we try and she wants to go something comes up in her life preventing her from coming. It is frustrating. But it was nice because we got to see her and talk to her last night. I know that this gospel will bless us in the next life, but more importantly God wants to bless us in this life. And that is what the gospel can do. I have seen it bless many people’s lives. They just had to put forth faith first!

I would like to tell you guys a little bit about the grace of Jesus Christ. Many people believe that we are saved just by his grace. Which is partially true. I heard a talk and this man, Brad Wilcox, related Christ's Grace to piano lessons. When a mother pays for a child to take piano lessons she is like Christ, she pays the dept. Christ paid the debt of all of our sins. Well in return our mothers want us to practice the piano and put in our part. That is our job, repentance, Christ wants us to repent so that we can make it back to our Heavenly Father. And that is the only way we can make it back. And just like practicing the piano, it can be hard, but if we continue to practice repentance diligently we can make it back to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. As missionaries that is our purpose is to declare repentance to the people so they too can enjoy Christ's Grace.

Well, love you all and have a great week.

With love,
Elder Bullough

No comments:

Post a Comment