Monday, November 23, 2015

Praying for Food!

The following 2 excerpts are from letters to Elder Bullough's family. They are a good reminder for all of us to look after the missionaries serving in our own ward and stake boundaries.

From a letter dated Nov. 9, 2015:
I want you all to know how much God truly blesses us. I have had many miracles that have come as answers to my prayers...  The first week is very rough because you have no clue what is going on. And because I came here on a Tuesday I had to wait until Monday to buy food, forcing me to eat from my companions. So it happened that this was the last week of the month and we were running out of food. I was scared I wouldn’t be able to eat. So I decided that on fast Sunday I would fast for food. Kind of ironic! But that week we had three members buy us food. I think it might have even been four. In Lakewood, this is a miracle because the people are poor. But God is a God of miracles!

From a letter dated Nov. 16, 2015:
I would like to start off with a cool miracle that happened to me yesterday! I was in stake conference, it was the best one I have ever been to, but anyway... I just said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to provide us with a member meal that night because I wasn't sure if we would get a chance to eat with all of the things going on. Well I had that faith and wasn't sure who or how it was going to happen. But at 1:00 we got a text from Sister White and it said, "do you guys have plans for a meal tonight?" I pretty much jumped for joy! my companions thought that I was just hungry, but really I was more happy that God was willing to answer my prayer! That definitely strengthened my testimony and was a reminder that God looks out for us and blesses us, we just have to ask. So my challenge to you is to feed the missionaries. I had no clue how much it means to get fed until I came out here. So set up a date and serve them a meal.

Speaking of Stake Conference, here are some pictures from the Lakewood Saturday Stake Conference Ice Cream Party with Elder David L. Stapleton 11/14/2015:








No comments:

Post a Comment