Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A Week of Miracles! 8/31/2016

Last Monday, we got our new companions and I am training Elder Masey, who is fresh from the plane! He is from Ocala, Florida and just graduated last year. It is rare for someone to be trained as an office elder their first transfer in the mission, but the Lord definitely saw it fit. It has been great because he is a hard worker and is motivated to do the work. And it has been nice because he is pretty good at setting up the sound systems for mission conferences, while I do better with the computer stuff. This past week we accomplished a lot! 

First, Monday evening we came to our apartment and because I was living in another apartment for a week and left the trash out, the apartment was raided with little gnats. That was fun. I had no idea how to get rid of them, in fact, I tried putting duct tape on the ceiling to catch them-- that didn't work. Elder Masey and I found out from a member that there is a trick that you can do with apple cider vinegar that works. So now we no longer have a gnat problem!:)

Second, Elder Masey and I had a baptism for A! Elder Goldstrohm and I had been teaching their family for a little while now and she had told us that she would like to be baptized on the 28th. This past week it seemed like it had fallen through and wasn't going to happen. Well, while we were tracting (knocking doors) on Saturday, we received a text that said, "Hey Elders! It’s A. I heard that the meeting was cancelled tonight but I would still like to get baptized this Sunday." When I read this text I pretty much jumped out of my shoes! It was a miracle! Immediately, we went over and finalized everything for the baptism, and Sunday, A was able to get baptized! And to put the cherry on top, Elder Masey was able to baptize her for his first time.

Third, we had a "Mission Tour" in our mission, which is when a leader of our church comes to give a training. This happens like once a year in our mission. We were blessed to have 2 members of the quorum of the 70 come and join us. Being the office elders, Elder Masey and I had to set up everything which was a bit stressful but the tour ended up going very smoothly. 

Something that I was reminded of today is that God, is our loving Father in Heaven. And that he is ever aware of us and hears and answers our every prayers. It is so important for us to pray with a sincere heart and just to talk to Him because that it when real answers come, and that is when real change occurs. 

Well I will post the pictures below and I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!


Elder Bullough

A's Baptism:

A and her family with Elder Bullough and Elder Masey
Elder Bullough and Elder Masey

                             Elder Masey meets his new trainer, Elder Bullough                              (These pictures all came from the WA-TAC mission blog)





A picture from the WA-TAC mission blog on 8/24/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment