Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Faith is the Power! 8/22/2016

Quick update- Elder Goldstrohm went home with a group about a week early so I had the chance to cover two wards in a 3-some. It was kind of busy to cover two areas, but fun at the same time. We also got transfer calls this past Saturday and I will be staying in the Commencement Bay area and have the opportunity of training a new missionary!

This week I was reminded of a very important lesson. Faith is the Power! I had a chance to knock with a young man, named Pitone, who was spending the week with a friend in this ward. While we were knocking on some doors in an apartment complex, I was surprised because of his zeal to talk at every door. For his first time knocking I was surprised with his courage. Then I asked him a question that I think would explain the "zeal" that he had for sharing the gospel. I asked him if he had read the Book of Mormon, to which he responded that he had. He told me that he received his witness that the book is true when he was 13 years old, because he prayed about it—which is the key! Then he told me something that reminded me of my conversion. He said that he had made it a goal to read the Book of Mormon again, and this time around he was noticing how many cool stories of faith there were. This is exactly what I had noticed as I was reading the Book of Mormon for my first time through, I was drawn by all of the marvelous stories of faith that the prophets of old showed. Which reminded me that faith really is the power that brings miracles. That night we went forth with a great amount of faith and taught a lot of lessons by just bearing testimony of what we knew to be true. It made all of the difference and we came back from the night filled with how great it felt to be led by the Spirit! 

Well love you all and have a great week! 
Elder Bullough


Here is a picture of me and Pitone, the young man who went knocking with me!
Picture from the WA-TAC blog (posted 8/19)

No comments:

Post a Comment