Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Week of Miracles 2/1/2016

This week has been great!! Elder Dale and I have had many miracles this week. We had a meeting this week and we both felt that we needed to pray more throughout the day. One thing that I have learned this week is that blessings come from praying! Early in the week we found Jesus, (pronounced Haysus) hahaha, that told us we could come back the next day. So we biked back the next day and decided to say a prayer before we knocked on his door. At the door we knocked twice and nothing... but I had a thought come to my mind -- "God keeps his promises," so jokingly as we were leaving I told Elder Dale that God keeps his promises and that Jesus would probably pull in the driveway any minute. Well not more that three seconds later we see a blue car pull in! I was totally blown away when I saw Jesus step out of the car! God had answered our prayer! After talking with him for awhile we were able to teach him and find out that he was truly prepared and was seeking a major change in his life and told us he wanted to come to church. Jesus came to the church party that we had that night, and enjoyed playing basketball with the church ball team and best of all, he came to church on Sunday! He later mentioned that day that he had not been this happy in a long time and that he can't stop smiling! 

Early on Sunday, Elder Dale and I decided to fast for our investigators to make it to church. Due to not scheduling a ride to church beforehand we had a priest drop us off an hour early. We wondered what we would do for an hour while we waited but shortly after a man walked in and told us he had been looking for a church so we showed him around and were able to get him to stay for the meeting. He really enjoyed it and we are seeing him this week so that we can start teaching him! I know that we were there an hour early for that reason and that it was an answer to our prayer and fasting. 

Later that day the Summit ward was having a baptism and Elder Dale and I had prayed to find someone to take to the baptism. While we were knocking on doors we knocked into this lady named
D. and were able to answer a lot of her questions and teach her more about the Church. We found out that she truly has been searching for the truth. As we were teaching her she told us that she had been pondering a question lately and wanted to know the answer to why she needed to be baptized. We were shocked! Through using the scriptures we were able to answer her question but we could tell she still didn't seem to have her answer so Elder Dale invited her to the baptism. With only thirty minutes notice to get ready she told us she would make it, and sure enough she did! It was great to know that God had answered our prayer and also answered her prayers.

I truly do know that God is a loving Heavenly Father and that he wants to bless us all and answer our questions. I also know that in order for Him to do so we have to ASK! "Ask and you shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you." Well I hope that you all have enjoyed this past week as much as I have, and I wish you all the best!

With Love,
Elder Bullough

Here is like a once in a lifetime sunny day in Washington!

Here is the track that I ran on this morning.

Elder Bullough sent an email to one set of his grandparents and wrote this in the letter:

"Both of my areas have had Senior missionaries serving in them and they have been such great help to us. In fact today Elder and Sister Harward went back to Utah. They were so great to Elder Dale and I and they were like my mission grandparents in a way. They would always welcome us in and feed us ice cream!"

Here is a picture of Josh with Elder & Sister Harward:


No comments:

Post a Comment