Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's Day 5/15/2017

Hey everyone!! I hope you all had a great week! Elder Sutton and I had a ton of fun this past week. We spent most the week proselyting. It has been pretty good weather here in Tacoma except for a couple days of off and on rain showers. I had a chance yesterday to give a talk in Sacrament meeting in my new ward and lucky for me my topic was on mothers, so that was pretty easy to talk about! I had fun preparing it and got a lot out of it. I'll share with you all some of my highlights. 

1. In the Book of Mormon story of the 2000 stripling warriors it says that their great courage and faith in the Lord came from their valiant mothers!

2. In the Bible we learn of one of the greatest mothers, Mary, the mother of Jesus. Think of her example: She is called by the Angel Gabriel to bear a son who would become the Savior of the World. Then while growing up she sees at many times first hand the miracles that He preformed. She expressed her faith in Jesus Christ and her love and support for His purpose throughout His entire life and ministry. And in Christ's final events when he is on the cross who does He think of but His loving mother Mary. I can only imagine His thoughts were: "who will watch after her? Or who will take care of my mother when I am gone?" When on the cross in agony Jesus says to his "beloved" disciple: "Behold Thy Mother!" Jesus Christ was the ultimate example, especially in His expression of love to his Mother.


Love you Mom!!  Hope that you all have a wonderful day and week!! 

With Love,
Elder Bullough


No comments:

Post a Comment