Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Baptism...at the Temple! 9/25/2017

As a preface to Elder Bullough's letter to family and friends this week, we wanted to share what he wrote in a letter to his parents on July 31, 2017: 
"One thing that has been on my mind, I have really been blessed on my mission and have had so many blessings that I attribute to God 100% and so that is why I bring this up: I have not yet had the opportunity to take a recent convert to the temple yet to do baptisms. And I would like to go before my mission ends so could you add that to your prayers? Thanks! And I will definitely be working to get someone to be prepared by then!"

Letter dated Sept. 25th, 2017:
It was another great week and started out on the right note! This past Tuesday Elder Lund and I, with a senior couple in the ward, went to the temple with C our recent convert to do proxy baptisms! It was awesome! The Spirit was very strong and C had taken the name to the temple of his brother who passed away when C was five. I love the temple and how it helps us link our families together in this life and in the next. Elder Bednar gave an amazing talk on this to the young adults of the church and talked about being a "welding link" in our family chain. That day C became the welding link in his family chain by following the counsel of one of our church leaders and apostles. [See blogpost dated 6/12/2017 for more info about C.]

Elder Lund, C, & Elder Bullough
Another reason the week was so great is because Elder Lund had such a fun time just knocking doors all week and trying just about every way possible to find at least one more person that is ready to be baptized before I leave. It has been so much fun because over the past few days we have seen a lot of miracles! I am just hoping to keep this faith to find till I walk on that plane!! 

Alma 13:24   "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory."



No comments:

Post a Comment