Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Great Things to Come! 9/4/2017

Well as many of you know, it will be my last transfer on my mission come tomorrow. Which means that I only have 6 weeks left..😱 I will be ending my mission with Elder Lund here in the College Heights and Skyline wards. I am so excited for the things to come! I am sure that these last 6 weeks will be some of the best weeks on my mission! I am praying and looking forward to the miracles that will happen before I leave this blessed place! 

This last week was super quick and super busy as usual. A couple cool things happened though. On Thursday we went to the temple which was fun and topped it off with a trip to Cafe Rio. Then on Friday we got a call from one of our former investigators, B. She said that she had been living the commandments we had taught her and had set some things right in her life and wanted to get baptized on Sunday. So we agreed to teach her the rest of the lessons and have her baptism on Sunday. Well it was definitely a race but we taught her lessons and set up the baptismal program and then on Sunday we went by to pick her up for church with T from the ward. And... nothing. She wasn't home!? Well long story short she had some cold feet about it and didn't come out to church or get baptized so hopefully we can help her with that in the coming weeks. But good news is that we have a lot of people that we are teaching that have the potential to be baptized in the upcoming weeks! 

Highlight of the week-
By far the highlight of my week was going up to the missionary fireside in Gig Harbor and hearing two of mine and Elder Lund's recent converts speak and share their testimony. "A" shared her story first about how she became a member of the church. It was awesome and brought back some great memories. And then C also spoke. C spoke about how she first met us, when we offered to help her move in. She mentioned how she listened to the message after we helped her, and then came to church, and the process that it was for her to get baptized. One thing that she mentioned stuck out to me, C mentioned how she was wondering why she should join the church if she was already comfortable and happy in her life. She mentioned that her answer came when we told her that the happiness and peace she feels now in her life will only be multiplied after she got baptized. And it did! I know that is true and I have seen it in myself, in her, and in the many other people that have joined the church as I have been on my mission. We may feel peace and joy and happiness in our lives but it is nothing compared to what we will feel as we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ and follow his example and are baptized by his Priesthood. The fireside was definitely the highlight of my week and possibly the highlight of my mission! It is inspiring to see the change that has happened in these converts' lives as they are learning and choosing to live the Gospel. 

It was also a blast to see all of the people in the Gig Harbor stake that I had met while I was there, especially the stake president. Here is a good picture of Elder Lund and me with him:

Elder Lund, President Kasteler, & Elder Bullough



No comments:

Post a Comment