Monday, January 23, 2017

Thy God Reigneth! 1/23/2017

This week was awesome! Elder Lund and I saw so many blessings this week!

First off, Elder Lund and I have been fasting each Sunday for a miracle to happen and it is so cool because each time we have done this we have seen so many miracles happen— even that day! This Sunday, when we fasted, it was awesome because 7 of the people that we have been meeting with came to church!! We were so excited because C, who we have been working with for a long time, read 2 Nephi 31 this past week. She just opened to that chapter and loved it, especially verse 17! If you are a member of the church and read the Book of Mormon you will understand why this was such a great place for her to start reading. Then she came to church and brought her two daughters and they loved it as well! 

Second, last week our Bishop gave us a great referral and told us about this lady who has been coming to church with a member of our ward for 5 years! D has down syndrome but comes to church each week with them and loves it. Anyway we went over last night and taught her the first lesson. It was so awesome and the Spirit was so strong! During the lesson when we got to the part about the first vision, D spoke up and said that she could feel the Spirit really strongly! What a testimony builder. That was such a good reminder to me that the Holy Ghost truly is the teacher. To say the least, that was one of the most spiritual lessons that I have had on my mission. I am so grateful that we missionaries have the Spirit to back us up! 

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."-John 14:26

Also, last week Elder Lund and I painted mugs so I thought I would post the finished product. Here you go:





2 Nephi 31:17:
"Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost."

No comments:

Post a Comment