Thursday, September 15, 2016

11 Months! 9/12/2016

This past week was great! Elder Masey and I knocked a lot of doors trying to find people to teach. From our own finding there wasn't a lot of success but we sure worked hard and yesterday at church it all paid off! After the first meeting we met with Ron, a recent convert to our church and his daughter A and she told us that she wants to get baptized, so we set up a date for this next weekend! It was pretty exciting to hear that she is only 9 years old and has started reading some of the Book of Mormon and now she wants to be baptized! We also should be having another baptism next week for JH who we have been teaching for a little while now. 

This past Sunday, I had the opportunity to give a talk and I thought I would share with you all something that I learned. As a ward, we are attempting to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover by the end of December, so lo and behold my talk was on the importance of reading the Book of Mormon. As a missionary I have found that the Book of Mormon is the most effective tool in bringing change to a person's life. By reading it we feel the Spirit more in our life and it prompts us to change or repent. However, the thing that I learned in my reading is that unless we take time to "continually" study the scriptures, particularly the Book of Mormon, we at times will wander off of the strait and narrow path. (reference: 1 Nephi Chapter 8 verses 19-24). 

Love you all, and I hope that you all have a great week!

Elder Bullough

No comments:

Post a Comment