Tuesday, January 19, 2016

First Week in a New Area 1/19/2016

So, at first I was a little nervous about coming to my new area, Parkland, because right when I arrived the apartment was a mess. But after a little time of cleaning we were able to clean up all of the junk lying around. It was a relief to hear that we would have the car for the week. During my first day Elder Dale, my new companion, took me around the area and showed me all the things I would need to know. Parkland is a little city in Tacoma and is full of diversity! We have a college campus in our area that we are able to go and talk to students to share the gospel with them. We also have many different nationalities that we are teaching. For instance, there are people that are from Kenya, Samoa, Korea and many other different countries. My first day in the area we met a lady from Kenya named D. who is going through some rough trials in her life and so we began to teach her that day. One of the things that I love is the ward. The members are so nice and tell us that their door is always open to the missionaries... so we often go and grab some quick snacks when we are in the area hahah! 

This week on Sunday I was able to go back to Lakewood for a baptism! N.'s children, J. and K., were getting baptized that day with their aunt R. who happens to be in my new ward. It was very great to see them all again and to see their dad come and support them. I know that before long their dad will be able to join them as well and want to be baptized. It is so great to see the change that has taken place in that family. The gospel truly does change lives! And it all starts with a humble heart and a desire to learn. 

Well, I will post the pictures below. I hope that you all have a great week. Scripture of the week is Alma 5:14.


—Elder Bullough

Alma 5:14
"And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?"

Baptism Day for N.'s children K. & J.

Elder Bullough with K. & J. on their Baptism Day



Elder Bullough & his new companion Elder Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment