Monday, January 11, 2016

ET 1/11/2016

So this week was crazy and just got a whole lot crazier today! First off we were not able to have a baptism because A. who has been working toward baptism was called into work for the Army. So I guess we couldn't really argue with that but we are excited for next week because we have three people planning to be baptized on the 17th. N.'s two youngest kids, K. and J., have decided to get baptized with their aunt on that day! It is so exciting to see that family and how much they all have changed! So on top of three people being baptized this weekend miracles happen almost daily.

Elder Lee and I were together for the majority of the week while the other two were doing exchanges with some of the people in our zone. So Elder Lee and I, "two greenies," had to take over the area. Well with much prayer we were able to be successful and bless many people’s lives. I learned that we have to pray if we want God to bless us, I also learned that we don't always receive the answer that we want. God answers our prayers to benefit our needs and He does it in His own perfect timing. The coolest miracle is when Elder Lee and I were trying to plan last minute for a member that we would go see and teach how to do missionary work. Well I didn't know all of the members and the paperwork hadn't been kept well because there are so many move outs in the ward. So we prayed for God to prepare a member that we could see. After almost all of our options were out it seemed like we would just have to alter our plans, just then I received a phone call... it was the H. family from the ward. So we scheduled a time to see them and it turns out we were blessed even more than I could imagine... we got to eat pie and ice-cream with them!!! The cool part is that not only did God prepare a family for us but they ended up contacting us! Miracles follow faith!

Now for the CRAZY part of today: So we were all expecting or just guessing that I would be "ET'd" which means emergency transferred, because there is a boy going home tomorrow that came out with me. Well the call came today that I would be sent to the area of the Parkland ward to serve for the next while. I will be companions with Elder Dale and we will share the ward with the sister missionaries. I am excited for the change and I am sure that it will bring many new changes that I will have to adjust to... for one I will be on a bike all day. My legs will be SUPER STRONG! Anyway I am sure it will be a great experience and there will be many people that I will have a chance to influence in the Parkland area. Only down part is I have about two hours to pack all of my stuff and have it ready to go in the morning!

Lastly, I hope you all have a great week. The scripture that I am "ponderizing" this week is D&C 88:63. I would invite you all to do the same. If you don't have a Doctrine and Covenants, go ask the missionaries and they would be glad to give you one! Anyway, love you all!


Elder Bullough

D&C 88:63
"Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."



The following photos were all posted on the WA-TAC mission blog at calledtoservewa-tac.blogspot.com

P-Day Fun: 


(Elder Bullough is not in the above picture, it just shows what everyone did for fun on their P-day)


Missionaries Singing at a Care Center:




No comments:

Post a Comment