Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Excerpts from Letter to Parents 2/27/2017

Elder Bullough did not have time to do a group email letter this week, so here are some things he wrote and told his parents about:

I am doing great! I have already learned a ton this transfer! I have a great companion, Elder Sutton, who is very inspiring as well so it makes the journey fun! Sheffield our boy that we are training is also a blast and a great worker so it makes training and being a zone leader pretty smooth. I have enjoyed training on my mission so far, it is so fun!! However, it is sad because most of the guys I have trained are just waiting for their visas so they leave...that is the only sad part! 

Anyway, there are 14 zones in the mission and 168 missionaries not including the senior missionaries. With them, it would put us at probably 180 or so. I am pretty sure that this zone is the biggest in the mission and our ward alone has 10 missionaries in it, haha. There are sisters and us 4 elders and then a couple of senior missionaries as well. The basic role that we have as zone leaders is to get to know the zone and to inspire them. We take part in a training about once a month that we get from the mission president in our MLC (Mission Leadership Conference). This is held monthly and many of the pics on the blog come from this. We also have the chance to work closely with the stake presidents in our zone. This is probably one of my favorite perks of being a zone leader! Every stake president that I have met has been like a spiritual giant and such an example. We meet with our stake presidents about once a week.

I have enjoyed my mission a lot! And recently I have had such a feeling of gratitude looking back and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to meet the people that I have out here and to see their lives change! Such a blessing! Anyway, I have also seen how much of an increase [there has been] in my life. Recently I have learned so much and I am excited to apply the things I am learning. I love what the Lord says about seeking to learn— it is a skill that is priceless.

By way of work, it had slowed down drastically throughout our mission and especially throughout our zone for these past two months. To be honest, it has been difficult because this zone is known to carry the mission. But I am excited because we talked as a zone and decided to do a zone fast yesterday, so Elder Sutton and I are expecting to see some great things happen in this next month!  

Here are some pictures from the Washington Tacoma mission blog (calledtoservewa-tac.blogspot.com):









Sunday Dinner at Sister White's house:







No comments:

Post a Comment