Monday, May 9, 2016

The Lord is My Shepherd! 5/9/2016

This week not too much happened. Elder Strong and I spent a lot of time contacting people and teaching lessons. But there is one experience that happened this week that reminded me that this is the Lord's work and He does guide us. On Friday, we planned to see Jo___, someone who we had been working with a few months ago, but since he wasn't home we decide to knock [in the neighborhood] around his house. This area that we were knocking was a richer area. For those of you who know missionary work, you know that wealthy areas are harder to find people. Well, Elder Strong and I went forward with faith and continued to knock around the area. At the last house that we knocked on, a lady opened the door and said she didn't have time because she was busy with a loss in the family. We showed our sorrow for her and asked if we could offer her a prayer of comfort. Immediately after the prayer she said to us, "You can come back next Friday!" This was great because we were looking for that one person who was prepared, and because we followed the prompting to knock that street, we were able to find Ja___! I know that the Lord was able to lead us that day to her so that we could help bring her to the truth! 

Well, yesterday was Mother's Day and that was super fun because the bishop in our ward had all of the men fill the roles in the meetings. And I guess I drew the short stick so I was the chorister... and if any of you know me, at least a little bit, you know that I am not musically talented at all when it comes to singing! So that was kind of a disaster, but other than my hands swinging around in an unorganized way the hymns went pretty well. Then, Elder Strong and I were able to go to primary last hour and that was fun because it was full of screaming children and I think that we are just lucky that nobody was hurt or hospitalized! Haha. But all in all, church was a success and the men were able to take over for a day.

Well I love and hope you all have a great week! 

Elder Bullough

Elder Bullough talking with his family via Skype on Mother's Day!

Mt. Rainier

No comments:

Post a Comment