Monday, December 14, 2015

Two Month Mark 12/14/2015

Hey, so today I hit my two month mark and literally just noticed it ten seconds ago hahah! This week has been great. There were some hard times but also some great blessings. M. was able to be confirmed on Sunday. We went to a ward Christmas Party which was a lot of fun. I always love getting to know the members. At the beginning of the week we gained another companion and lost Elder Bosshardt. This new elder is from South Korea. It is pretty awesome and it amazes me how much English he knows already. He tried to teach us Korean but I am convinced that I will never be fluent in that language. It amazes me when I hear it that people can understand what they are saying... because it just sounds like jibberish to me hahah. But so far I know how to say "hello" and "will you be baptized?" so I figure I know enough.

When we found out we were getting the new elder from Korea we were very happy because there is a part of our area that is a Korean district so we are planning on baptizing from that area for the first time ever! Elder Lee has a pretty funny sense of humor and in his testimony yesterday he made the whole congregation laugh. He got up and said, "I wanted to go to Mexico on my mission because I love Mexican food. When I got my call I didn't know where Washington Tacoma was but I knew that there had to be a lot a tacos there because Tacoma... Taco-ma... Taco!!!" It definitely made all of us laugh. Hopefully the joke makes sense and you all can see his sense of humor a little. Anyway, I will post a picture at the bottom of Elder Lee and I in the car.

So this week we didn't have a baptism because the people that were set for Sunday fell off date... One of the people didn't want to wake up for church and N. had a cigarette during the week. In order to be baptized she has to be clean for five days. But with all of the stress she has a tough time quitting so we are just constantly praying for her. We also bought her a lot of cinnamon gum because we heard that it helps people as they try to quit. But on the bright side, this week we are planning on her getting baptized and can't wait! 

Well hope you all have a great week!
With love,

Elder Bullough

Transfer Day for Missionaries ~ 12/8/2015




Elder Bullough & Elder Lee



No comments:

Post a Comment