Friday, October 23, 2015

Sunday at the MTC 10/23/2015

Hey guys,

I don't have time to write much this week. But I had an amazing Sunday last week and noticed how much closer I can be to Christ. Sundays here are like a blessing because you actually get time. In the MTC it is all about time management... one thing I have learned that I am not so great at, but it will get better as time goes on.

We had a speaker on Sunday that was the best talk I have ever heard and it was by Chad Lewis!!! For those who don't know him, he is a former football player for BYU and the Philadelphia Eagles. He talked about how he and four other guys went up Mount Kilimanjaro which is the highest volcano in Africa. But the interesting part is that they did it with three veterans that all had been injured in war. He was saying how at the beginning he and a coach for one of the NFL teams had been talking about not getting blisters and then they looked at the man tightening his prosthetic leg. At that moment, they realized that it wasn't about them but how they could help these veterans get up the volcano. This reminds me of Christ and how he carries us when we are hurting and he can help us climb the mountains in our lives.

Well, I hope not too much is misspelled and that this is understandable because I had to write this pretty fast. P-Day was great and a funny thing... I have never in my life been so excited to do laundry than today!!!

With love,

Elder Bullough

No comments:

Post a Comment